Folkster is an independent, female owned Irish business started by Blanaid Hennessy, encompassing a full lifestyle offering of everything from bridesmaids to baby gifts, rigouts for a night out to fully kitting out your new home with Folkster Finds.
Everything sold in Folkster is either hand-picked or designed by the team of Blanaid, Kerrie & Nerea, supported by our incredible extended team and their feedback. This makes Folkster a truly unique shopping experience, a treasure trove of curated things to love forever. Above all though, we pride ourselves on being a welcoming and friendly shopping destination - it is our mission to provide the best customer experience in the world through honesty, kindness and helpfulness.
We have two main Folkster stores - in Dublin and Kilkenny. We also have a Folkster Bridal store in Kilkenny, along with our Folkster Vintage Store. In addition to our brick and mortar stores, our collections are also available on www.folkster.com. We are constantly working on making folkster.com as close to the in-store experience as possible and accessible to our hugely supportive customers around the world.
We feel very lucky that our finds have featured on TV, and in magazines worldwide, including Company, Vogue UK, Vogue Japan and Elle - worn by stylish celebrity folk like Angela Scanlon, Amy Huberman, Sallay Garnett aka Loah, Vogue Williams, Sinead Kennedy and Binky Felstead. Folkster also encourages our in store team to inspire our customers through their style and love of Folkster finds too.
We are looking for both full and part time, experienced stylists to join our Dundrum and Kilkenny teams. We are hoping to find fashion conscious, friendly and enthusiastic team players. Previous experience in fashion retail and/or styling is a must! We’re looking for stylists who can deliver an incredible customer experience every time, all whilst working closely within a team setting to achieve shared goals and success!
*Please note these positions are customer facing, in-store roles and unfortunately cannot be performed remotely.*
The ideal candidate will:
- Become a Folkster brand ambassador.
- Deliver an exceptional customer experience in store, over the phone and/or online by providing the highest quality customer service and styling.
- Achieve individual and team sales targets.
- Work closely with their fellow team members to uphold store/stock standards and presentation.
- Endlessly develop their product knowledge.
- Support their team in achieving shared targets.
- Report to store managers regularly on store/team goals and performance.
The ideal candidate is:
- Passionate about fashion, lifestyle and homewares.
- Experienced ,working within a fast-paced retail environment.
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, goal orientated and works with pace and innovation.
- An excellent communicator with strong organisational skills and an ability to react quickly to changing priorities.
- Proficient in basic computer, email and social media operations.
- Flexible, availability to work evenings and weekends is essential.
- Employee discount across all departments.
- Huge opportunity for personal and professional growth.
- Be part of an exciting, ambitious team committed to driving change within retail, long term.
- Strong focus on maintaining a work/life balance.
*Folkster is an equal opportunities employer and is in full support of the recommended living wage within Ireland.
If you think this is you please email email@example.com with a cover note detailing why you feel you’re the right fit for Folkster along with your CV. Please be sure in your email to highlight your store and position of preference.